Malabika Sen Dancer: Malabika Sen is a famous teacher and dancer. She started dancing when she was only 4 years old. She was dancing and learning Kathak in North India. As well as highly she becomes passionate about Bharatnatyam.
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Net Worth||10 Crores|
|Profession||Actress, Dancer, Singer|
|Phone Number||(91) 98302 28567, 033 2471 5616 / 2481-0821|
|Address||Flat No. E-2, Jubilee Apartments
61, Jubilee Park,
Kolkata- 700 033
|Husband||Sri Sumit Sen|
- She is known for her Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi dancing style, she is popular all over the world for the same reason.
- She has completed M. Mus from Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh.
- She earns the title of ‘Nritya Bhaskar’ as well as she got the ‘Gold Madel’.
#01 – Malabika Sen Dancer
Major Performances Abroad:
• 1999 – Gulf Tour with performances including the ones in the Indian Embassy Hall at Kuwait, Qatar
(Doha & Dukhan) and Dubai
• 2000 – India Tourism Road Show in Kathmandu, Nepal
• 2005 – With the Kalamandalam Performing Wing at the India@Mindle Festival, Australia
• “Classic India” Concert at the Brownsmart Auditorium, Darwin, Australia
• 2006 – ACT Multicultural Festival in Australia at Garrema Place, Canberra
• At the National Gallery of Australia
• Griffith Duncan Theatre, University of New Castle
• A Lec-Dem and Workshop in Adelaide University Hall
• Performance in Adelaide University Hall, South Australia
• 2007 – Kuwait tour with the Kalamandalam Performing Wing
• 2008 – At Victoria Theatre, Singapore with Kalamandalam Performing wing
• 2008 – Guimet Musee National Des Arts Asiatiques, Paris
• 2009 – London Reading Dance Festival
• 2008 to 2012 – Several performances in Singapore dance festivals
• 2012 – Performance in Bangladesh National Museum, Dhaka
• 2012 – Performances in Chittagong, Rajshahi, and Rangpur (Bangladesh)
• 2013 – Dhaka (Bangladesh) tour with Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi solo performances organized by ICCR
• 2014 – Solo performance and choreography at the NABC inaugural program, USA
#02 – Malabika Sen Biography
Major Festivals in India:
• 14th Konark Dance & Music Festival, Orissa
• Parab Festival at Koratpur, Orissa
• Puri Beach Festival, Orissa
• Nisha Gandhi Festival – Trivandrum, Kerala
• Kaladarpanam Festival, Kerala and at Guruvayur Temple, Kerala
• Kalaghoda Festival, Mumbai
• Silver Jubilee Festival of RAWA, Mumbai
• Visakha Dance & Music Festival at Vishakapatnam
• Tamil Kala Sangam Programme at New Delhi
• Ballygunge Music Conference, Calcutta
• Dover Lane Music and Dance Festival, Calcutta
• Uday Shankar Dance Festival, Kolkata
• Uttarpara Music Conference, Kolkata
• Several concerts arranged by the Indo Occidental Symbiosis across the country
• Krishnashayar Dance Festival, Burdwan
• Bishnupur Festival, West Bengal
• Kalamandalam Sangeetotsav 2006, Kolkata
• Baharampur Dance Festival
• Madhurashtakam Festival at Bharatiyam Complex, EZCC, Kolkata
• Golden Jubilee Celebration of R.R. Sabha Music & Dance Festival, Calcutta
#03 – Malabika Sen Wikipedia
- Best Performer Award from Indian Tourism Department, Calcutta, on World Tourism Day, 1999
- Recording at Central Production Centre, New Delhi for Doordarshan National Programme.
- Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre sponsored program at Governor’s House, Raj Bhavan, Calcutta.
- Mahalaya Programme of Calcutta Doordarshan & ETV Bangla as “Durga”
- Participated in “Miles To Go Before I Sleep” – a documentary on Guru Govindam Kutty.
- Judged the Season 8 of Dance Bangla Dance (2014), a dance reality show aired on Zee Bangla.
- Malabika Sen is one of those rarest few dynamic artists who have acquired excellence in several fields ~
- A gifted singer by birth, Sen has formally trained herself in North Indian Classical Vocal Music and
Najrulgeeti under the tutelage of Dr. Chameli Sarkar and has also learnt North Indian Semi-Classical
Vocal Music from Smt. Rama Basu.
- Sen has proved her acting skills in the daily soap “TUMI ROBE NIROBE” which gets aired on Zee Bangla,
where Sen plays the dance mentor to the female lead.
- Sen was invited to participate in Didi No.1 Seasons 5 (2014) and 6 (2015) Special Episodes, aired on Zee
Bangla and she won the title of Didi No. 1 in Season 6.
- Sen was invited to participate in Dadagiri Season 5 (2015) in a Special Episode, aired on Zee Bangla,
hosted by cricketer Sourav Ganguly.
- Sen has choreographed and performed in the Water Ballet for the Life Saving Society of Anderson Club,
Calcutta, from 1979 to 1983, under the direction of Ramaprasad Banik, Arijit Guha, and Meenakshi
Related Tags: Malabika Sen Dancer